Jazz / Contemporary
Jazz is a blend of ballet, modern and tap technique. Jazz is a fun energetic form of dance that showcases the dancer’s individual style and individuality.
- Jazz age ranges: 6 – adult (please see class schedule for specific ages)
- Flexibility, performance skills and style
- Upbeat, high energy fun
- Isolations, turns, leaps, choreography and improv
- Classes incorporate jazz styles such as…
- African Jazz, Swing, Theatrical Jazz, Street Jazz, Contemporary
Jazz shoes for Jazz class, bare feet for Contemporary class. Attire: form fitting top (rib cage needs to be seen), form fitting pants/shorts (knees need to be seen). No pajama pants or baggy T-shirts. Hair must be pulled away from the face.