At our studios our primary goal is for your children have fun while learning dance technique and strong work ethics. We expect all dancers to show respect to themselves, each other and all instructors. You will see our instructors enforcing the following rules:
- Be prepared for class. Proper dress code is required for all dance classes.
- Hair must be pulled up.
- Use bathroom prior to class.
- Be on time.
- Do not have frequent class absences.
- No cell phones.
- No gum is allowed in class.
- Be respectful and kind to instructors, peers and staff.
- Do not talk during class unless you are asking a question.
- Practice safe behaviors for yourself and your classmates.
- Be willing to try new dance material. Put positive energy into your dance class.
- No leaning, lounging or hanging on the ballet barres. NO SITTING IN CLASS!
- Clap at the end of class to thank the instructor.
- If late, ask permission to join class.
- If injured, tell instructor prior to class…work slowly & carefully or observe.
- If ill, do not come to class.
- If you must leave early, notify instructor prior to class.
- When leaving the studio, students must remove dance shoes and cover-up their dance clothes or change prior to leaving. Do not go outside during cooler weather without a warm-up. It is important to control the cooling process to avoid injury. In addition, please respect your art by keeping your dance attire confined to the studio.
We believe that good dance etiquette is of equal importance to good dance technique.