Join Our Dance Team
Join the Performance Dance Team!
Being part of a competitive dance team can be a great opportunity for your dancer to learn the skill of PERFORMING at a higher level in front of an exciting audience.
You will gain ARTISTRY and CREATIVITY through classical and contemporary dance styles.
You will receive FEEDBACK from dance professionals (judges) that can help you to EXCEL and IMPROVE.
You will grow a stronger sense of TEAMWORK and connect with other dancers through additional COMMUNITY EVENTS.
Competitive dance will increase your SELF CONFIDENCE and give you tangible GOALS to measure your growth.
The Performance Dance Team focuses on HEALTHY competitive habits such as…
• Time management skills
• Dedication to a team through peer support
• Breaking through personal barriers
“We would love for our dancers to come in “first” in everything they do, but that’s not going to happen –and it’s not important that it does. What’s important is that they learn respect for others and others’ accomplishments as well as their own. That’s winning!” - Miss Katie & Miss Jenni (PDT Directors)
Young Dancers Ages 4-6
If you have a YOUNG DANCER ages 4-6 that is ready to take it to the NEXT LEVEL… Let us know! We can assess your dancer to see if they are ready for PERFORMANCE DANCE TEAM!
• Mini Stars (ages 4-6) do not need to audition
• Mini Stars are “invited” to the team by the PDT Directors
• Invites are sent out to dancers/parents throughout May, June and July prior to the new season
• Mini Star PDT members must have experience performing in at least one recital prior to being accepted
• Before accepting a spot on the team, parents need to read the current season’s Planning Guide that includes the general information and dance team requirements
Dancers Ages 7-18
If you are a DEDICATED DANCER ages 7-18 and you want to be part of a HIGHLY COMPETITIVE TEAM…start preparing for next season’s auditions now!
• Dancers that are ages 7-18 must audition each season
• Parents need to read the current season’s Planning Guide that includes the general information and dance team requirements
• Audition Applications must be completed by both the dancer and parent prior to auditioning
• Proper dance attire and shoes are needed for audition process (click here for Dance Audition Tips!)
2018 Audition Dates and Times